Friday, November 28, 2008

Seven Random Things About Me

I've been Tagged! Oh my confessions in cyberspace...ok hang-on I'm really weird. It's truly a God thing that my children are sane.

1. I have a tactile aversion to any fabric that is rough, slimy, or scratchy. Also, if you inherit my "hand-me-downs" all the tags will be cut out of them!

2. My "Blanky" is approx. 24 yrs old. Don't even think of using it. It's thread bare in places but it's still my favorite blanket and has just the right texture (see #1).

3. Denim - Created by God just for me. I won't take our daughter (Kathryn a.k.a. Dresses With Boots) shopping with me when I need to find new clothes. Why? Yes, I know she has great taste...but she won't let me buy anything DENIM!

4. I love Houses and floor plans and gardens. The fun of transforming a wreck in to a...a...a...MICRO-MANSION! We are not there yet, but eventually this place will live up to it's name!

5. Fall - Oh my favorite: apple cider, bonfires, smores, leaves turning colors, fruits and nuts to harvest, football games, wrapping up in my favorite blanket and sipping hot chocolate...etc...etc...

6. Vehicles should only come in one color - Bronze or shades thereof to hide dirt. As if to prove God has a sense of humor, we now own 2 white Vans. Hummmmm....should I wash mine or just let my friends and family continue to think the Van is two tone?

7. I have (had) two rare health conditions with which I deal with daily and do my best to overcome with the Lord's help and grace. First I am a Spinal Cord Tumor Survivor (crushed cord from C6-T2)and against the odds and because of the Lord Jesus Christ's Grace I am now walking. I deal with some neurological issues and waddle like a duck but that sure beats quadriplegia!
Second, I have Trigeminal Neuralgia a disorder of the large facial nerve. What's it like? Well sometimes it's like getting hit by a lighting bolt, other times it's like have a throbbing earache/toothache/sinus headache combo. Most of the time the medicine keeps it in check so that it's just an annoying throb in my ear with a little cranial pressure thrown in just for good measure. I received both of these diagnosis just this past year, so I am learning to live with it and in spite of it!

At the time of this posting I do not have anyone with an active blog to tag that has
not already been tagged. But I will keep my eyes open.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Day, I love your blog! It's so YOU! Witty, insightful, honest - keep posting!

Kathryn said...

Okay--it is not that I will not let you buy anything denim, just no BLUE denim--and for that matter, no BLUE! I know, I know, you would live your entire life in blue denim. The point is--you look wonderful in many colors--many of which are not blue!!!

You know, after posting my random things, I was feeling a little insecure about my idiosyncrasies—and I did not even mention the tactile thing! For example, I asked my friend Heather the other day…”Don’t you hate the feeling of paper when your fingers are cold?” She gave me a look like, “I didn’t think you could get any crazier, but here we are…”

So thank you, my weird mommy, for making me look normal, and for being the only person who really understands my craziness! And I understand yours as well!

Anonymous said...

Really! things I did not know about my daughter & granddaughter> Oh, I knew about Daughter Day's love of Denim but this touchy, feel thing is a new one. Looking back over my life the only thing I can think of that I did not like to touch or feel was baled hay or a snake!!!!!! But certain materials & paper when your fingers are cold! By the way, Kat, I am working on getting your Mom to wear colors other than blue---she now wears brown, pink, green & I am working on getting her to wear red(one of my favorites) actually I love all jewel tone colors, so she did not get the denim thing from me!